General Hotel Information
- 1. What does “non-refundable” mean?
- 2. May I change my room if I choose to do so during my stay?
- 3. What if I need to change or cancel my reservations?
- 4. Can I make the payment through wire transfer rather than credit card?
- 5. What does Bağdatlıyan stand for? What is the meaning of the hotel name?
- 6. Why are the standard rooms not so big in Hotel Bağdatlıyan?
- 7. What types of rooms are available in the hotel?
1. What does “non-refundable” mean?
If a reservation is booked on “non-refundable” rate type, that means, the sum of money you paid is not returnable in any circumstances. So, the amount of your reservation will be charged %100 from your credit card, whether you make any changes or cancellations on your reservation.￪ Back to top
2. May I change my room if I choose to do so during my stay?
When making a reservation online, you can select a bed type specific room. All Meroddi Hotels are committed to accommodating room type preferences and requests. But if you do wish to change your room anyhow, every effort will be made to meet your request. For this, we need to contact the Reservations Department for the availability of the rooms. Occasionally, we do not have any available room to offer. But we shall get back to you and try to meet your request as soon as possible.￪ Back to top
3. What if I need to change or cancel my reservations?
Each Meroddi Hotel has a 24-hour cancellation and change policy. You may cancel your hotel reservation without a charge. To cancel your booking without incurring any charge, please contact the Reservations Department
(email@example.com / +90 (850) 360 0 627) at least 24 hour prior to your arrival.￪ Back to top
4. Can I make the payment through wire transfer rather than credit card?
Should you choose to forward deposits and payment(s) via wire transfer, please direct them to the bank account outlined below.
Garanti Bankası - Mecidiyeköy Branch
Account Name : NAR Motorlu Araçlar ve Turizm A.Ş.
Account Number : 119 - 6297030
IBAN NO : TR51 0006 2000 1190 0006 2970 30
Attention : (Ms. Arzu Taşdemir)￪ Back to top
5. What does Bağdatlıyan stand for? What is the meaning of the hotel name?
Built sometime between 1895 and 1905, the building’s first owner was Ohannes Bağdatlıyan, who served as the director for the Bureau of Nationalities in the Ottoman Foreign Ministry.
We authentically restored the historic residence in 2014 and opened its doors to the public in February 2015 as a boutique hotel. Since we wanted to pay tribute to the first owner of the building, we named after him.￪ Back to top
6. Why are the standard rooms not so big in Hotel Bağdatlıyan?
Bağdatlıyan residence is at least 110 years old. It has historic value. The first owner was Ohannes Bağdatlıyan, who served as the director for the Bureau of Nationalities in the Ottoman Foreign Ministry. Since Bağdatlıyan Apartments were very close to the Istanbul’s first municipality (now called Beyoğlu Municipality), it was one of the first apartments in Istanbul that enjoyed the early municipal practices. When we bought the historic premises, we decided to restore it with great care, staying loyal to its authenticity. So we kept the rooms as original.￪ Back to top
7. What types of rooms are available in the hotel?
The hotel has 5 room categories: Deluxe Single Room, Deluxe Queen Room, Deluxe Twin Room, Deluxe King Room, Deluxe Queen Suite. All rooms can be booked through our website and major online hotel booking sites (Booking, Expedia, Agoda etc.).￪ Back to top